Sunday, February 21, 2010

Freedom

sorry i've been slacking. Like Colin said last week was quite an encouragement for the school. The week was lead by the "freedom team" here on the campus. The teaching is all about being saved by God, finding your identity in him and living free from sin (especially sins we don't necessarily tag as sin). The coolest part of this teaching (in my opinion) is when a group of the staff ask God what his original design is for each student. As a leader I got to learn and practice being apart of actually prayer for each student which was really cool. I was one of the people who prayed for Patch (Colin's roommate). It was hard at first doing something like that cause it takes a lot of faith and confidence that it is God who is speaking to you, but each time I did it my faith grew as the words I received was very similar to what other people in my group received. It was especially rewarding this week getting to see the students begin to really engage with God and take this time here seriously. Many students identified some of the things that were holding them back from getting closer with God and prayed for freedom from that.
On another note I am beginning to get really tired and kinda sick. We spent a lot of time outside this week, but we are officially FA level 1 coaches in football (soccer)!